It is presently the coldest weather that the State of New Jersey has seen since 1994!
Remember, if it's cold for you, it's cold for your pet.
In this extreme weather, be sure to take the following precautions:
1. Don't leave pets outside for more than a few minutes at a time
2. Be sure to wipe their paws clean when you are back inside. Rock salt burns and irritates sensitive paws.
3. Dogs like fashion too! Consider a jacket for your dog in these extreme temperatures.
4. Keep your indoor/outdoor cats inside! If you are the caretaker of a feral cat colony please make sure they have plenty of dry, insulated shelters to hide in.
5. Before you start your car bang on the hood and beep the horn. Cats and wild animals will often seek refuge inside the engine compartment. Starting the car with them inside could not only damage your car it could severely injure or kill them.
If you see any animals that you feel may be in distress and need our help please call us at 973-744-8600 or send us an email at email@example.com. For emergencies you can also contact your local police department to have an animal control officer paged.
Stay warm out there friends!