Next volunteer orientation is Tuesday, August 11 at 6:30pmThe Montclair Township Animal Shelter hosts volunteer orientation sessions throughout the year. We will post session dates and times on this page. If you are interested in volunteer work at the shelter, please download the form below, complete it and send or bring to: Montclair Township Animal Shelter, 77 North Willow Street, Montclair, NJ 07042.
Download Montclair Township Animal Shelter volunteer form.
For questions about volunteering, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To assist staff with the socialization of the animals up for adoption through continuing dog training and behavior modification programs, dog walking, cat playtime and grooming
- Community outreach and shelter approved education programs
- To relieve the burden of shelter overcrowding or to provide specialized care for individual animals through foster care system
- To help us achieve a sound and reliable fundraising program to help supplement the shelter budget so that we may continue to improve our shelter services and programs
- To help promote our animals for adoption
- To be productive and conduct themselves in an appropriate and professional manner
- Animal Care, Front Desk and Customer Service, Fundraising & Event Team, Outreach & Education Team, Marketing & P.R. Team.
- Groom or bathe a dog (ask the staff first please). This makes them more appealing for adoption
- Throughout day in the cat adoption areas swap dirty litter boxes with new ones, replenish food and water in cages
- Wash, dry and put away laundry
- Wash, dry and put away animal dishes
- Assist staff in cleaning adoption area cat cages/cattery
VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION SIGN-UP
*Orientation space is limited. If all spots are full (Eventbrite links will say it is "sold out") then please continue to check back for upcoming orientation dates.
As soon as dates are scheduled they will be posted here.*
When New Orientation Dates are Added, Register below:
*Please bring your Eventbrite Ticket with you to Orientation*
*Arrive a few minutes prior to start time. Orientations start on time.
Latecomers will not be allowed to attend*
New Orientation Dates Coming Soon!