Helping Our Community's Homeless Animals
The Montclair Township Animal Shelter hosts volunteer orientation sessions throughout the year. There are currently no sessions scheduled, but stay tuned! The shelter is in the process of hiring a volunteer coordinator, who will set up future orientations. Announcements to be posted here.
For questions about volunteering, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To assist staff with the socialization of the animals up for adoption through continuing dog training and behavior modification programs, dog walking, cat playtime and grooming
- Community outreach and shelter approved education programs
- To relieve the burden of shelter overcrowding or to provide specialized care for individual animals through foster care system
- To help us achieve a sound and reliable fundraising program to help supplement the shelter budget so that we may continue to improve our shelter services and programs
- To help promote our animals for adoption
- To be productive and conduct themselves in an appropriate and professional manner
- Join up to three of our volunteer teams! Dog handling, Cat Action Team, Placement Team, Fundraising & Event Team, Outreach & Education Team, Marketing & P.R. Team, and our Wildlife Team.
- Groom or bathe a dog (ask the staff first please). This makes them more appealing for adoption
- Throughout day in the cat adoption areas swap dirty litter boxes with new ones, replenish food and water in cages
- Wash, dry and put away laundry
- Wash, dry and put away animal dishes
- Assist staff in cleaning adoption area cat cages/cattery
VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION SIGN-UP
*Orientation space is limited. If all spots are full (Eventbrite links will say it is "sold out") then please continue to check back for upcoming orientation dates.
As soon as dates are scheduled they will be posted here.*
When New Orientation Dates are Added, Register below:
*Please bring your Eventbrite Ticket with you to Orientation*
*Arrive a few minutes prior to start time. Orientations start on time.
Latecomers will not be allowed to attend*
New Orientation Dates Coming Soon!