Helping Our Community's Homeless AnimalsNext volunteer orientation: Saturday, November 7 at 11:00 a.m. to noon.
The Montclair Township Animal Shelter hosts volunteer orientation sessions throughout the year. We post session dates and times on this page. If you are interested in volunteer work at the shelter, please download the form below, complete it and send or bring to: Montclair Township Animal Shelter, 77 North Willow Street, Montclair, NJ 07042.
Download Montclair Township Animal Shelter volunteer form.
Download a Junior volunteer agreement form.
For questions about volunteering, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improve socialization of the shelter animals up for adoption through continuing dog training and behavior modification programs, dog walking, cat enrichment and grooming
- Engage in community outreach and shelter approved education programs
- Foster animals to relieve the burden of shelter overcrowding or to provide specialized care for individual animals
- Support fundraising efforts for shelter needs
- Promote our animals for adoption
- Have fun! And work together towards enhancing the welfare of shelter and community animals
What do volunteers do?Volunteers are an essential part of our shelter. We appreciate you! There are many opportunities, each one with their own duties. Each day is different and there's always something to be done - just ask a staff member what the needs are that day!
- Animal Care, Front Desk and Customer Service, Fundraising & Event Team, Outreach & Education Team, Marketing & P.R. Team.
- Groom or bathe a dog (ask the staff first please). This makes them more appealing for adoption
- Throughout day in the cat adoption areas swap dirty litter boxes with new ones, replenish food and water in cages
- Wash, dry and put away laundry
- Wash, dry and put away animal dishes
- Assist staff in cleaning adoption area cat cages/cattery